Fourth Year Audiology Externship Program
The Dallas Ear Institute selects two audiology externs to join our practice each year. The audiology externship is a 12-month, full-time, paid position that provides the opportunity for the extern to gain proficiency in the following areas of audiology:
- Comprehensive diagnostic audiometric evaluations for infant through adult population
- Behavioral observation, visual reinforcement, conditioned play, and behavioral hearing evaluations
- Immittance testing: tympanometry, acoustic reflex, acoustic reflex decay
- Ototoxic monitoring
- High-frequency audiometry
- Otoacoustic Emissions
- Electrophysiological assessment
- Auditory brainstem response: sedated, natural sleep, and neurodiagnostic
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potentials: cervical and ocular
- Vestibular assessment
- Hearing aid consultations and fittings using real ear measures
- Cochlear implant evaluations, fittings, and mapping
- Osseointegrated hearing device evaluations and fittings
- Assistive listening devices
- Tinnitus evaluation, counseling, and management
- Hearing conservation
Minimum requirements for Au.D. externship: bachelor’s degree, eligibility for AuD. 4th year externship, professional liability insurance, and eligibility for Texas intern license.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents in the order listed below (as one PDF document) to the email below:
Letter of intent
Unofficial or official undergraduate and graduate college transcripts
Three letters of recommendation, two of which should be from clinical preceptors. The letters of recommendation can be sent directly from the author if that is their preference.
Application period is August 1st through September 16th. Multi-round interview process will include virtual interviews and on-site observations for selected candidates. Offers made on or before October 24th.
Attn: Evan Mattice, Au.D.
7777 Forest Lane, A103 Dallas, TX 75230